Monday, January 10, 2011

Thing 4: Social Networking and share your thoughts

I have been using social networks for about 3 years for personal reasons. It is the only way the younger generation in my family communicates so if I want to stay in touch it is FaceBook or nothing.
My niece homeschools and I use some of the social networking games with my great newphew. I incoporated math and language skills. He has to chat or email with me about his game stategies. I am finding he is bored with it after a year.

Since our students in the library are always on FB, I took an informal poll and ask them if they thought the library should be on FB. Out of the 75 or so I informally questioned, only one thought it might be okay. Most of the responses were very negative and said "FB was for social activties and not for education stuff" and "they hated how business and organizations were pushing their information and products" I would like hear and see if any libraries are sucessfully using FB for their libraries and how they are doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment